  From: Lisa Dusseault
  To: Dave Winer ; xml-dist-app@w3.org
  Sent: Monday, November 20, 2000 10:48 AM
  Subject: RE: White paper: Bootstrapping the Two-Way-Web

  There's already an IETF standard for authoring documents using HTTP and XML.  It's called WebDAV.  It's already supported by many editing tools, document repositories, and web servers.

  Disclaimer: The company I work for makes a WebDAV-compliant repository. This doesn't change the fact that it's the IETF standard.

  http://www.webdav.org
  http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2518.txt

  Lisa Dusseault
  Xythos