RE: DXYZ123: meaningful subject lines?

hi Henrik,

From this and a couple of offlist comments, it seems clear I've given the
impression that I didn't understand the numbering scheme or the value of
having each message anchored into the docs. To rephrase, my concern was
that we're seeing a lot of messages that __only__ have the NNN identifier
in the subject. Hugo's message at
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/xml-dist-app/2000Nov/0028.html
seems to encourage the use of the number with some additional human
readable text.  Taking a look over the message archive at
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/xml-dist-app/2000Nov/index.html
only reinforces my desire for more informative subject lines... which
should of course also include the more formal identifiers.

Sorry if my quick note was confusing or sounded grumpy!

cheers,

Dan