RE: DR702 Requirement for Evolution

On Mon, 13 Nov 2000, Henrik Frystyk Nielsen wrote:

> > I would agree with Jean, we have to keep everything as simple
> > as possible.
> > Using schemas, which they do not have currently a lot of support, we
> > should make this optional. If you want to develop small
> > application you
> > should not impose to the application to verify the input against of a
> > schema. This would prove very beneficial in a client-server
> > model, where
> > the client has to have a very small footprint!
>
> Note here that requirements 400 [1] and 401 [2] currently says that no
> one should be forced to use XML Schema in a message (data representation
> and envelope are orthogonal) but if a "schema" language is going to be
> used it must be XML Schema (data representation must support using XML
> Schema simple and complex types).
>
> This is also the model described by SOAP in section 5 of the SOAP/1.1 spec.
>
> I don't think the discussion of whether XML schema currently has a lot of
> support or not belongs on this list.

Henrik, I know, I just wanted to make sure that nobody will understand
that the validation of a message is enforced by the requirements. This is
the only point that I wanted to clear up, and probably it should be
addressed in the requirements specifically (say it not infer it). That's
all ...

- Octav