RE: XML protocol comparisons

Eric

I took a quick look through your comparisons and thought it a great idea. As
I'm the author of IOTP and the editor of ebXML, here are a few suggestions.
Let me know what you think.

Firstly, it might be a good idea to include a couple of additional "facets"
specifically:
*	security - rules on how data should be digitally signed to prove
authenticity and authorization of requested actions, and
*	reliability - how to recover from failed delivery of messages

IOTP does both of these and ebXML Transport Routing & Packaging will.

You might also want to think about discovery protocols that allow you
identify how two parties/servers/clients can determine how to successfuly
interoperat. ebXML will be doing this (it's a recently identified
requirement) and eCo (http://www.commercenet.com/eco) already does this to a
degree but more from a business/document perspective rather than protocol
sense.

On ebXML there are really four different threads that are relevent:

*	Transport Routing & Packaging - which is a messaging protocol (but
no business process)
*	Core Components -  which defines standard forms for payloads of
messages that are business documents
*	Business Process - which will define how business documents can be
used to support different business functions
*	Registry/Repository - which will describe how to discover
information about schemas, specifications etc

In my view the first one (TR&P) is the most relevent to this list.

I hope this helps. Get in touch if you have questions.

David