Re: FW: your protocol matrix: some updates

On Wed, Jul 05, 2000 at 09:47:21AM +0200, Bernhard Dorninger wrote:
> Dear discussion group , dear Eric
>
> I noticed, that the links concerning BXXP are broken. Here's a
> working link:
>
> http://www.invisible.net/developers/drafts.html
> or
> http://mappa.mundi.net/Internet-Drafts/blocks-protocol.html

I checked out those docs against the ones acquired by applying the
stupid "Try incrementing the numbers at the end of the URL to see
where they are now" algorithm to
  http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-mrose-blocks-appldesign-01.txt
and
  http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-mrose-blocks-protocol-02.txt

The app design draft (found at 02.txt) is dated April 2000, the same as
http://search.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-mrose-blocks-appldesign-02.txt.
The problem is that I have no more confidence in the persistence of links
search.ietf.org than I do on www.ietf.org

What appears to be the latest protocol draft (04.txt) is dated May
2000, while http://mappa.mundi.net/Internet-Drafts/blocks-protocol.html
is dated April 14, 2000. I've kept the original link which is too bad,
as the one on mundi.net is HTML with links in and out.

--- SITE MANAGEMENT FLAME ---
What I would like is a "live" link that changes with the latest
version, and a "fixed" link that points to specific editions of the
draft that won't go away. I short, I beleive that a less capricious
management of the web space would have a good return on investment. I
share an office with the fellow who manages the oldest website in the
world and he fares very well at URL persistence.

> Although I don't think that BXXP should be in the matrix "XML protocols".
> After
> reading the spec, I think BXXP is a transport protocol, which
> does allow an XML payload (that is the default) . But also any other payload
> format can be used. However, BXXP does not specify any XML grammar. So maybe
> it should be moved to non-XML protocols.

done
--
-eric

(eric@w3.org)