Re: Open meeting on XML/protocol standards, Jan 25

David,

Are you referring to the "January 26 Meeting Comments" threads?

Is the discussion of an XML/protocol standard now a discussion of SOAP?  Like some in that SOAP discussion, I wonder if there isn't
a need for a heavy-duty protocol. We are expecting the Internet to get better (re: bandwidth and latency), aren't we?

Currently B2B thinking is data only. It is computer to computer. Someday, someone (besides me) is going to want to design
applications supporting richer content (data, audio, video, or all 3). Unless I'm completely nuts (a distinct possibility), it
would be nice to have one "vehicle" for this traffic.

It could be called it the XML-Multiple Channel Protocol (XML-MCP).  At least, that is what I call it when I think of such a thing.

Thanks,
Bill