RETRY: SOAP spec.: Fault element: unclear whether text content is allowed

Since it's not clear that the intent of my previous message was
understood, let my try again:

I am reporting a possible bug in the SOAP specification document.

Specifically, the wording does not appear to specify whether the
Fault element may directly contain text or not.  It seems to imply
that text is not allowed, but does not actually disallow it.

Assuming that the intent is that character data (other than ignorable
whitespace) is not allowed (and assuming that I haven't missed some
other wording that covers this), then the wording needs to be edited
to clearly disallow such text.

(In case the intent actually is that such character data is allowed,
then the wording also needs to be edited, to make that allowance clear.)

I wrote:

> Regarding the SOAP 1.1 (draft) specification (at http://www.w3.org/TR/SOAP):
>
> Section 4.4 does not say whether a SOAP Fault element can contain only other
> elements, or can also contain non-whitespace text content that is outside
> those child elements.
>
> If there is not supposed to be any such text content (and if there isn't
> some wording elsewhere in the document that covers this), then section
> 4.4 should say that such text content is not allowed.

Daniel
--
Daniel Barclay
Digital Focus