RE: Betr.: RE: requesting XML records

We already have such a URI - the namespace URI.

As far as I can see we have people who want to request a record which
conforms to a given structure i.e. request by schema, others who want a
record containing certain elements i.e. which uses (non-exclusively) a
particular namespace in the way DC works. A possible problem arises if
the same URI is being used for both - which is why I feel some way of
saying whether you are requesting by schema or by namespace is needed
(and ComSpec seems to have this in Z39.50 v3).

The distinction I think is comparable to GRS.1, as to whether you want a
record which uses particular tag-sets or a record which comforms to a
particular profile such as GILS.

Matthew