Re: requesting XML records

joe_zeeman@notes.rlg.org wrote:

> But the version 2 way of doing it is still wrong, because the XML
> DTD/schema is NOT an element set name.  I want to be able to say both "I
> want a Dublin Core record in XML" and "I want a brief record".  The two are
> not mutually exclusive.  Version 2 does not provide a mechanism to say the
> 3 things we want to say:  XML AND Dublin Core AND Brief.

Joe -- Although we continue to maintain the clear distinction between syntax and
schema, we decided (also at the Dublin meeting --  maybe you were "out of the
room"?) not to perpetuate the distinction between schema and element set name, for
xml. Thus "DC-full" and "DC brief" would be two schemas.  This was the consensus at
Dublin.

--Ray