Re: Limiting a search by URL

Chris,
FYI, Endeavor sites currently support this as an unanchored phrase search.
There are some unanchored phrase searches configured in Functional Area C
of Bath Profile.
Larry

On Thu, 2 Jan 2003, Chris Peterson/Amigos wrote:

> The Texas Z39.50 Implementors Group is working on a profile that provides
> the ability to limit by URL.  That is, we would like to be able to limit by
> "nasa.gov" and receive hits that include "jpl.nasa.gov" as well as
> "nasa.gov/missions.html."
>
> Here is how we have defined the search right now:
>
> Use -- 1032 -- doc-id
> Relation -- 3 -- equal
> Position -- 3 -- any position in field
> Structure -- 108 -- string
> Truncation -- 3 -- left and right truncation
> Completeness -- 1 -- incomplete subfield
>
> Ray suggested that structure 108 might be problemmatic.  Are there better
> ways to do this?  All comments are welcome.
>
> Christine Peterson
> Library Liaison Officer, Amigos Library Services
> 14400 Midway Road, Dallas, TX  75244-3509
> 800/843-8482 x191 (message only)
> 512/671-1580 (phone and fax)
> EMAIL:  peterson@amigos.org

Larry E. Dixson                    Internet:    ldix@loc.gov
Network Development and MARC
   Standards Office, LM639
Library of Congress                Telephone: (202) 707-5807
Washington, D.C.  20540-4402       Fax:       (202) 707-0115

VOYAGER[nasa.gov[1,1032,4,1]]
Query Results
  Records 1 through 4 of 4 returned.
Title:         GRIN [electronic resource] : great images in
                  NASA.
Published:     [Washington, D.C.?] : NASA, [199-?]-
LC Call No.:   TL521.312
Access:
    Location:  http://grin.hq.nasa.gov/
Title:         Science information systems newsletter / NASA.
Published:     Pasadena, CA : NASA, [1993-
LC Call No.:   QB497.2.S37
Access:
    Location:  http://purl.access.gpo.gov/GPO/LPS2427
Access: