Re: Attribute Architecture -- new type?

> Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 16:35:17 +0100 (BST)
> From: Robert Sanderson <azaroth@liverpool.ac.uk>
>
> > These don't help at all.  They don't solve the problem, and the
> > "problem" doesn't need solving in the first place.
>
> That doesn't sound very orthogonal.  So any/all/adjacent are
> dependent on the term format, and any+string is just an error?

Yes.  (Assuming, once more, that by "string" you mean Alan's
completeValue.)

> What about any+date? all+geographic_bounding_polygon?

No probem with those.

> Find me poems which have all of the lines: There once was a ZIGger named
> Mike, Who ZOOM and ZeeRex did write, He wrote them in Perl, For Fiona his
> girl, But it was roses and chocolate she liked.

:-)

> How many lines?
>
> Why should 'words' be treated specially from all other term formats?

It isn't.  completeValue is the one that's special, in that it is what
it says (a complete, atomic value) and can't be further parsed.

)_v__/\  "Light-speed isn't fast enough.  We'll have to go straight
	 to ... Ludicrous Speed!" -- Dark Helmet, "Spaceballs"