Re: native encoding

At 10:11 01-03-2002 -0500, Ray Denenberg wrote:

>Thus if utf-8 is negotiated it applies to
>everything unless explicitly overiden. If you want
>to request a record in an encoding other than
>utf-8, you include a variant request; if a server
>wants to supply a record in an encoding other than
>utf-8, it includes a supplied variant.

Um. Weren't we talking about MARC records? Were do you stick a
suppliedVariant other than in a GRS-1 record?

Or is this an unfortunate re-use of the term supplied variant in the
context of character set negotiation, or did I just miss something?

--Sebastian
--
Sebastian Hammer, Index Data <http://www.indexdata.dk/>
Ph: +45 3341 0100, Fax: +45 3341 0101