RE: character sets: Term as OCTET STRING

I believe that the negotiation does not apply to OCTET STRING.  I also
believe that this is a mistake and have proposed that OCTET STRING be
included in the negotiation.  I don't know where that proposal stands today,
but I'd suggest that you assume that the OCTET STRING is now included in the
negotiation and behave accordingly.

Ralph