RE: ZNG

Some of these issues were discussed. The default result set response
(RS1) was defined to be the minimum required for a response. The
intention of the ability to request different responses is that there
could be extension responses with RS1 being a subset of the response.

In particular there is intended to be a "thin client" extension (RS2?)
which has many of the features you suggest.

Matthew