RE: Syntax and semantics.

Well, so maybe I overstated my position for effect.  No, I am not actively
working on any RFC's.  I am considering how best to use Z39.50 in several
environments and will be doing a fair amount of analysis.  As I encounter
things that don't seem to fit in other encodings or transport mechanism,
I'll bring them to the attention of the ZIG for appropriate discussion.

I value the opinions and feedback of this group.  Over the years, there is
not a single suggestion that I've brought to the ZIG that hasn't been
improved by the process (sometimes brutal) that it goes through.  I'll
continue to bring my problems/opinions/observations to you.

Ralph