From: harry [mailto:listmanster@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, January 9, 2017 7:32
To: www-xsl-fo@w3.org
Subject: RE: specifying fonts when latin and complex scripts are mixed together.

I have cases where latin characters are intermixed with complex script characters e.g.:

2015年12月

Here the 2015 needs to be "Arial" and the Chinese script in "SimSun". This is a chinese language document. Is there a way I can tell the xsl-fo processor to use Arial for latin characters when they appear within some blocks ?

Right now it uses SimSun to render 2015 and 12.  I also have cases where Abbreviations are in english (to be rendered in Times Roman) followed by chinese characters (SimSun).

Ashok