Re: Different formatting of a block, depending on its page position in PDF

On 26/09/2015 16:00, G. Ken Holman wrote:
> I've attached the results of my tests, both the PDF generated by Antenna
> House and the XSL-FO.  Tests A and B work, where the title is in the
> middle of the page in test A (the hidden line is shown) and at the top
> of the page in test B (the hidden line is hidden).  But my scheme does
> not work when the title is at the bottom of the page in test C (the
> hidden line is hidden when it isn't supposed to be), so it isn't
> complete, and I see no way of making it complete.

Building on Ken's example, I used a white background on the
fo:region-before and a negative margin on the title to 'push' the
'border-before' of the title under the fo:region-before.

This requires that the FO processor supports negative values of
'margin-top', which is allowed but not required [1].  It also requires
that the FO processor will 'paint' the fo:region-before after painting
the fo:region-body.

> Whether or not what I have can be replicated in FOP, I don't know.
> Perhaps FOP has an extension someone knows about that will help you.

I used Antenna House, since I happened to have it at hand.  I don't know
how well this will work with FOP.

Regards,

Tony Graham.
--