Re: How to mark wrapped lines?

At 2014-03-08 23:21 +0100, Christian Franke wrote:
>I would like to typeset some source code and automatically wrap lines.
>
>This should be possible without a loss of information iff there is some
>kind of marking which allows the reader to recognize wrapped lines.
>
>Is that somehow possible with xsl-fo?

How I do this in my training material is that I preface each line
with a line number in a small font, so that the line begins indented
from the left, and then I let the wrapping go all the way to the left
and so can be seen between two starts of lines.

If every line is numbered, then you could simply wrap at the same
indent level and the user knows that the line is wrapped due to the
absence of a line number.

If you don't want to use line numbers, then you could use a graphic
at the start of every line and the absence of the graphic is an
indication of a wrapped line.

I cannot think of a way of introducing a visual marker of a wrapped
line, I can (and could at the time) only think of using the absence
of a visual marker to indicate a wrapped line.

I hope this helps.

--
Public XSLT, XSL-FO, UBL & code list classes: Melbourne, AU May 2014 |
Free 5-hour lecture: http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/links/udemy.htm |

---