RE: Need better understanding of keep-with-next.within-column

On Tue, May 31, 2011 4:07 pm, G. Ken Holman wrote:
> At 2011-05-31 10:03 -0500, Mario Madunic wrote:
>>Thanks Ken it makes better sense. The integer value does work
>>differently than using 'always'.  On the off chance do you know if a
>>more precise method is on the table when it comes keeping with next?
>
> I have not made the time to review the XSL-FO 2.0 specifications to
> know if anything is on offer to help you.
>
> Perhaps someone else on the list is more familiar with what is coming.

The XSL FO 2.0 requirements to do with tables are at
http://www.w3.org/TR/xslfo20-req/#N66215

There's nothing there about keeping a minimum number of rows before a break.

As Ken said, 'keep' numbers are just strength values.  They don't change
meaning just for tables, which I at least would find confusing if they
did.

Doesn't 'keep-with-next.within-column="always"' on both the head row and
the first body row keep the head and the first two rows in the same
column?  What does happen?

Regards,

Tony Graham                                   tgraham@mentea.net
Consultant                                 http://www.mentea.net
Mentea       13 Kelly's Bay Beach, Skerries, Co. Dublin, Ireland
    XML, XSL FO and XSLT consulting, training and programming