Re: Space in Barcode font

At 2011-08-18 06:58 -0700, Martin Abbott wrote:
>After reading about this a bit more it would appear as though a space is a
>valid character in Code 39 barcodes so should be rendered. Indeed using the
>installed font in Wordpad generates a readable barcode with a space encoded
>and then read back successfully without any problems.

Totally understood.  I wasn't refuting there was a problem.

>I've found a font that does what you suggested and has the space character
>moved to "~"

Good!  Then all you need is:

   <fo:block space-before="2cm">
     <fo:inline font-size="36pt" font-family="3 of 9 Barcode Other">
        <xsl:value-of select="translate('Some Text',' ','~')"/>
     </fo:inline>
   </fo:block>

>and I've tried a different engine but still no joy unfortunately.
>
>Any other thoughts?

Nope!

Good luck!

--
Contact us for world-wide XML consulting & instructor-led training
Crane Softwrights Ltd.          http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/f/