Re: Two fo:block on the same line

On Sun, August 7, 2011 7:18 am, Mansour Al Akeel wrote:
> I need to align two blocks of text left and right on the same line.
> I don't mean justify the text. I mean have a space between them.
> I think this can be done with tables by using table-cell for the first
> block
> of text, and a second one as a separator, then the third one for the
> text to be on the right side of the page.
> Could this be done without tables ? is there a better way to do it ?

fo:list-block containing a single fo:list-item with one block in the
fo:list-item-label and the other in the fo:list-item-body.

One fo:block containing a fo:float containing the other fo:block.

Two fo:inline-container with fixed width with a fo:leader between them or
with 'text-align="justify"' on their containing fo:block.

Two absolutely-positioned fo:block-container, e.g. inside another
fo:block-container that establishes their ancestor reference area.

Use a two-column layout where every other top-level fo:block has
'span="all"' and your second fo:block has 'break-before="column"' (and/or
the first one has 'break-after="column"').

If those block are all there is on a special page, use a flow-map with
each block directed to a different region.

Regards,

Tony Graham                                   tgraham@mentea.net
Consultant                                 http://www.mentea.net
Mentea       13 Kelly's Bay Beach, Skerries, Co. Dublin, Ireland
    XML, XSL FO and XSLT consulting, training and programming