Re: tagging for poems (widows, orphans, keep-together)

On Mon, September 27, 2010 1:25 pm, Christian Kirchhoff wrote:
> Right now I am having problems avoiding widows and orphans. It seems (but
> am not sure about that) that when there are empty fo:block tags (serving
> as
> line breaks) within a parent fo:block, then the widows and/or orphans
> settings don't apply.
> 2. What would be an appropriate tagging for poems in order to achieve my
> goal (avoiding widows and orphans but NOT placing verses that are too big
> on
> the next page)

Lose the <fo:block/>s end use 'linefeed-treatment="preserve"'.  See
http://www.w3.org/TR/xsl11/#linefeed-treatment

Regards,

Tony Graham                         Tony.Graham@MenteithConsulting.com
Director                                  W3C XSL FO SG Invited Expert
Menteith Consulting Ltd                               XML Guild member
XML, XSL and XSLT consulting, programming and training
Registered in Ireland - No. 428599   http://www.menteithconsulting.com
xmlroff XSL Formatter                               http://xmlroff.org
xslide Emacs mode                  http://www.menteith.com/wiki/xslide
Unicode: A Primer                               urn:isbn:0-7645-4625-2