Re: referring to a page number on last page (when last page is blank)

On Mon, Apr 19 2010 22:26:59 +0100, armyofda12mnkeys@gmail.com wrote:
> Lets say there is enough content to push 0.25 inches passed the 3"
> footer  on page 2 of the first student...
> So now fop calculates to move 'last' footer page to page 3. and there
> is empty space on that page since...
> On page 2, there is a 1inch footer now since its not the last page,
> and before there would have been a 3inch footer. but it only pushed
> passed 0.25in passed where the 3incher would have been. So there is
> 1.75 blank area on that page at the bottom ( so last 3 inches of the
> page looks like = .25" text content in the region-body + 1.75" blank
> space in region-body + my 1" region-after footer). so the page number
> block will fall in that 1.75" blank area now for the last student, but
> I want it on the 3rd blank page.

This might or might not work:

 - Put no footer on the last page, and extend the fo:region-body to
   include the area you use for the footer

 - Put the parent's comments block as the last content in the fo:flow.

 - Put the parent's comments block inside a fo:block-container with
   display-align="after", block-progression-dimension.minimum set to the
   height of the comment block, and the .optimum and .maximum set to the
   height of the last page's fo:region-body.

 - Fake the page number on the last page by having it refer to it's own
   page number.

Success would depend on how willing the formatter is to make the block
container less than the optimum height to fit it on the page rather than
putting it on the next page.  You could try setting
keep-previous.within-page or setting the .optimum fractionally smaller
than the .maximum to see if that makes any difference.

Regards,

Tony Graham                         Tony.Graham@MenteithConsulting.com
Director                                  W3C XSL FO SG Invited Expert
Menteith Consulting Ltd                               XML Guild member
XML, XSL and XSLT consulting, programming and training
Registered in Ireland - No. 428599   http://www.menteithconsulting.com
xmlroff XSL Formatter                               http://xmlroff.org
xslide Emacs mode                  http://www.menteith.com/wiki/xslide
Unicode: A Primer                               urn:isbn:0-7645-4625-2