Re: Determine Page Break...

On Fri, Jan 02 2009 12:56:22 +0000, saqib.javed@gmail.com wrote:
> I have been googling for last 2 days but can't find any solution. the problem
> is that in dynamic table creation i want to know when actually the page
> breaked. so that i can find the last row on till that page end.
>  is there, really, any solution to this in xsl-fo?

It is not generally possible in XSL 1.1, though you may be able to do
tricks with a specific processor's area tree output (if it produces one)
such that you could do it using multiple passes.

Why do you need to know the page breaks?  Would table markers [1] do
what you need to do?

Note also that feedback from the pagination stage and expressions
involving pagination information are both included in the current XSL
2.0 requirements draft [2].

Regards,

Tony Graham                         Tony.Graham@MenteithConsulting.com
Director                                  W3C XSL FO SG Invited Expert
Menteith Consulting Ltd
XML, XSL and XSLT consulting, programming and training
Registered in Ireland - No. 428599   http://www.menteithconsulting.com
xmlroff XSL Formatter                               http://xmlroff.org
xslide Emacs mode                  http://www.menteith.com/wiki/xslide
Unicode: A Primer                               urn:isbn:0-7645-4625-2

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/xsl11/#fo_retrieve-table-marker
[2] http://www.w3.org/TR/2008/WD-xslfo20-req-20080326