Re: xsl-fo validity

On Mon, Aug 03 2009 01:58:21 +0100, overtaker_ovi@hotmail.com wrote:
> is this a valid xsl-fo ?
>
> CODE
> <fo:block fo:start-indent="10.620px" fo:font-size="10pt">

You would do better to use unprefixed attribute names, e.g.,
'start-indent="10.620px"'.

The relevant section of the XSL 1.1 Recommendation is at
http://www.w3.org/TR/xsl11/#d0e386, but it doesn't specifically mention
XSL attributes explicitly in the XSL namespace.  You could argue that it
should be allowed, but in practice the Recommendation, and probably all
implementations, assumes unprefixed attributes.

> is there any website where i can test the validity of my xsl-fo ?

RenderX has multiple resources to download at
http://www.renderx.com/tools/validators.html

Regards,

Tony Graham                         Tony.Graham@MenteithConsulting.com
Director                                  W3C XSL FO SG Invited Expert
Menteith Consulting Ltd                               XML Guild member
XML, XSL and XSLT consulting, programming and training
Registered in Ireland - No. 428599   http://www.menteithconsulting.com
xmlroff XSL Formatter                               http://xmlroff.org
xslide Emacs mode                  http://www.menteith.com/wiki/xslide
Unicode: A Primer                               urn:isbn:0-7645-4625-2