Re: Single page block

On Fri, Apr 10 2009 01:23:19 +0100, samfuqua@gmail.com wrote:
> Hi, I'm aggregating a bunch of fo:blocks into one fo document to be
> turned into a pdf.  I'm wondering if there's any sort of tag that can
> be placed around an fo:block that would indicate it should be on its
> own page.  For example, if my document looks like this:
>
> <Book/>
> <Letter/>
> <Painting/>
> <Book/>
> <Book/>
> <Chapter/>
>
> is there any way to tell the fo that Books need to be on their own
> page while the others are allowed to shar pages?  I know of the
> break-before and break-after, but those will generate blank pages for
> me, which I can't have.  I do not know what order the elements will be
> in.

I don't quite see how break-before="page" [1] would generate blank
pages.

Can you post a small version of your FO that illustrates the problem?

Regards,

Tony Graham                         Tony.Graham@MenteithConsulting.com
Director                                  W3C XSL FO SG Invited Expert
Menteith Consulting Ltd
XML, XSL and XSLT consulting, programming and training
Registered in Ireland - No. 428599   http://www.menteithconsulting.com
xmlroff XSL Formatter                               http://xmlroff.org
xslide Emacs mode                  http://www.menteith.com/wiki/xslide
Unicode: A Primer                               urn:isbn:0-7645-4625-2

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/xsl11/#break-before