Re: Regular Expression's Jungle

Hi...
I have also faced same problem.
See what I have used for formatting a date from one format to other:
<fo:inline>
        <xsl:variable name="formattedIssueDate"
select="java:parse(java:java.text.SimpleDateFormat.new('yyyy-MM-dd
HH:mm:ss.SSS' ), //IssueDate)" />
	<xsl:value-of
select="java:format(java:java.text.SimpleDateFormat.new('MM/dd/yyyy' ),
$formattedIssueDate)" />
</fo:inline>

What you have to do is the following:
        <xsl:variable name="formattedIssueDate"
select="java:parse(java:java.text.SimpleDateFormat.new('MM/dd/yyyy' ),
//IssueDate)" />
	<xsl:value-of
select="java:format(java:java.text.SimpleDateFormat.new('MM-dd-yyyy' ),
$formattedIssueDate)" />

Note that the Date format you provide in SimpleDateFormat constructor should
be a proper date format.
And the java namespace should be added to your style sheet
 as follows:
<xsl:stylesheet version="1.1"
	xmlns:java="http://xml.apache.org/xslt/java"
	exclude-result-prefixes="java"