Re: Specifying source region for fo:external-graphics

On Tue, Nov 04 2008 11:00:05 +0000, dave.pawson@gmail.com wrote:
> 2008/11/4 Tony Graham <Tony.Graham@menteithconsulting.com>:
>> On Tue, Nov 04 2008 10:14:26 +0000, Tony.Graham@MenteithConsulting.com wrote:
>>> If it, or any other aspect of the requirements, is important to you, you
>>> should complete the requirement survey [3] so the XSL FO subgroup can
>>> gauge what is important to people.
>>> [3] http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/1/xslfo20requirements/
>>
>> Whoops.  I just seen that the survey closed at the end of September
>> after being available for eight months.
>
> I can see why the WG would want to 'stop' feature requests, to work
> on a release.
>
> No reason to stop submissions though.. surely?

Is six-or-more months a reasonable period for which to collect feedback
on a requirements draft?

I don't speak for the SG, but I don't see any indication that the SG has
stopped listening to people.

The requirements draft and the survey both mention that you can enter
comments in Bugzilla (the link from the draft currently doesn't work,
but Bugzilla is currently up and showing two bugs against the draft),
plus there's xsl-editors@w3.org if you can't do Bugzilla.

Regards,

Tony Graham                         Tony.Graham@MenteithConsulting.com
Director                                  W3C XSL FO SG Invited Expert
Menteith Consulting Ltd
XML, XSL and XSLT consulting, programming and training
Registered in Ireland - No. 428599   http://www.menteithconsulting.com
xmlroff XSL Formatter                               http://xmlroff.org
xslide Emacs mode                  http://www.menteith.com/wiki/xslide
Unicode: A Primer                               urn:isbn:0-7645-4625-2