Re: XSL-FO Question-- how to convert xml to pdf

On Wed, Sep 12 2007 05:27:13 +0100, tosachinji@rediffmail.com wrote:
> I have written one xsl fo file.
> When I run this file on xslfo processor, I can only see 5 columns in one page.
> Rest of the columns are not shown. I want to see all the columns.
> In case columns are not shown at one page, they should be shown on next page.
>
> Could you please suggest how can i do this.

A table may be split and continue on the next page if it is too tall but
not if it is too wide.

You could try:

 - Inverting the table yourself to make what's currently columns into
   rows, and vice-versa.

 - Putting the table in a rotated fo:block-container, if your processor
   supports it, to make a "landscape" table.  See Dave Pawson's FAQ [1].

 - Putting the table in a separate fo:page-sequence with inverted page
   geometry to make a "landscape" table.

 - Putting the table in a page sequence with inverted page geometry and
   also inverting the table and rotating table cells contents such that
   it looks like a "portrait" table even though it's "landscape" table.
   (I haven't tried this, and it's not something you'd want to do
   manually very often.)

 - Using Ken Holman's PSMI [2] method.

Regards,

Tony Graham.
Tony.Graham@MenteithConsulting.com   http://www.menteithconsulting.com

Menteith Consulting Ltd             Registered in Ireland - No. 428599
Menteith Consulting -- Understanding how markup works

[1] http://www.dpawson.co.uk/xsl/sect3/N8494.html#d12739e232
[2] http://www.cranesoftwrights.com/resources/psmi/
    (I currently can't access that page.)