RE: external-graphic

Hi Alexandre,

I think you should use XSLT extension function to perform this check.
I believe you will find very helpful this post:
http://www.biglist.com/lists/xsl-list/archives/200506/msg00400.html

XSL-FO specification does not contain such functionality (and I think should not because it describes how the document should look).

The formatter on the stage of producing PDF checks whether the referenced image exists in order to put it into the stream. But it just replaces images being missed with default error image.

Respectfully,
Volodymyr Rodymyuk