Re: Basic Fo questions (stripping white space)

On Wed, Nov 07 2007 19:28:39 +0000, ka.aly@luxsci.net wrote:
> Just curious on this, in http://www.dpawson.co.uk/xsl/sect2/N6099.html#d9172e70
> , the poster seems to have mis-reported the result, or otherwise there is
> something subtle that I didn't figure.
> **quote
> <result>
> <package id="1" position="1"/>
> <package id="2" position="2"/>
> <package id="3" position="3">
> ** unquote
> Because so far to id="3", position counting is good 'as intended'.

But then the OP asks for help with "strange behaviour of position()
function for nested elements.", which you'll see are being selected with
"<xsl:apply-templates/>" so the OP was getting the unexpected text node
problem.

Regards,

Tony Graham.
Tony.Graham@MenteithConsulting.com   http://www.menteithconsulting.com

Menteith Consulting Ltd             Registered in Ireland - No. 428599
Menteith Consulting -- Understanding how markup works