Re: Cell clipping

On Mon, Jul 23 2007 21:44:52 +0100, lward@rentec.com wrote:
> I want to clip the contents of a cell, such that the cell dimensions
> remain fixed no matter how much text is dumped into it, with the
> overflow simply getting cut off.
>
> Looking at some posts that Google turns up from 2003, giving a table
> cell a height attribute and setting overflow="hidden" is supposed to
> accomplish this, but doesn't. There seems to be some indication that
> isn't implemented. Is that still the case? Or has the way this is

Which XSL formatter are you using, and how do you know that height
and/or overflow might not be implemented (apart from not appearing to
work, that is)?

> supposed to work changed?
>
> How do I clip a cell?

Your technique should work.  Are you able to try a different formatter
as a comparison?

Regards,

Tony Graham.
Tony.Graham@MenteithConsulting.com   http://www.menteithconsulting.com

Menteith Consulting Ltd             Registered in Ireland - No. 428599
Menteith Consulting -- Understanding how markup works