RE: Table cell problem

Volodya et al.,

 I'm still confised. Here is the FO generated  by FOP. As you can see, the problem is that each table cell contains  multiple blocks, but I want one block per cell. I'm not following how  the XSL is putting multiple blocks in each cell.

Vladimir Rodimyuk <VladimirR@ukrinvent.com> wrote:  Hi, Ken

Well,  I added some more code to your fragment (the result you can see in  "table_test.fo" and "table_test.pdf"). As it seems to me, the reason of  problem is that you set the border for fo:block, but not for a cell.
I  changed the XSL FO code for fo:table, added fo:table-column elements to  specify fixed layout and set the border and padding for each cell. See  results attached

Here is some exclusion from my XSL FO code.

    wrap-option="wrap" border="3pt double black">

                    Option Name 1

For more information about tables see http://www.renderx.com/tutorial.html

Respectfully,
Volodymyr Rodymyuk
P.S.

It  would be better for understanding of the problem if you include the  whole problematic XSL FO element next time into your letter. Maybe  skipping just unnecessary, not-significant or repeating sub-elements.  Now it's unclear what does cause your problem, because no one knows  what attributes you put into fo:table element. Also I think it's better  to include pure XSL FO to get a solution for your problem than the part  of your XSL stylesheet (you can easily hide private information  replacing it with neutral text).

       </fo:table-
> cell>
      <fo:table-cell>

>     <fo:block font-
> weight="bold">Word</fo:block>

> </fo:table-cell>
        <fo:table-
> cell>
        <fo:block font-
> weight="bold">Bit</fo:block>

> </fo:table-cell>
        <fo:table-
> cell>
      <fo:block font-
> weight="bold">Selected Value</fo:block>

> </fo:table-cell>
     <fo:table-cell>

>           <fo:block font-
> weight="bold">Description</fo:block>
    </fo:table-
> cell>
     </fo:table-row>

> </fo:table-header>
  <fo:table-body>

>  <fo:table-row>
      <fo:table-
> cell>
            <fo:block
> font-weight="bold" color="blue" border="solid line blue">

>            <xsl:apply-templates
> select="row/option-name"/>

>     </fo:block>

> </fo:table-cell>
       <fo:table-
> cell>

>     <fo:block font-weight="bold" color="brown">

>       <xsl:apply-templates select="row/word"/>

> </fo:block>
        </fo:table-
> cell>
  [snip]

  Each of the templates contains nothing but
> <xsl:value-of select="."/>

  My output looks like this:

> OptionName          &nbs
> p;     Word
> Bit
> SelectedValue Description
  Option Name 1
>              1
>      1            xxx
>                xxxx

  Option Name 2
>       1          1
>             xxx
>          xxxx

  etc.  The
> problem is that each column appears to be a single cell;  IOW, each row
> isn't (apparently) composed of 5 cells. I discovered the  problem when the
> final cell contained a long string and it didn't push  the subsequent rows
> down when it wrapped. It's as though text is being  appended to the single
> cell that comprises each column (I tried putting  a border around each
> cell and got one border around each column.)

  What do I need to
> do differently so that each row is comprised of 5 cells?

> Thanks,

  Ken

Get the Yahoo! toolbar and