RE: How to reuse template code

Hi, for your first question, I think what you might want to do is look
at attribute sets.

They're made by doing the following:

<xsl:attribute-set name="normal-block">
	<xsl:attribute name="font-family">Verdana</xsl:attribute>
	<xsl:attribute name="font-size">10pt</xsl:attribute>
	<xsl:attribute name="space-before">7pt</xsl:attribute>
	<xsl:attribute name="space-after">3pt</xsl:attribute>
	<xsl:attribute name="text-align">start</xsl:attribute>
	<xsl:attribute name="white-space-collapse">true</xsl:attribute>
</xsl:attribute-set>

And then used like this:

<xsl:element
		name="fo:block"
		use-attribute-sets="heading-block">
	<xsl:apply-templates/>
</xsl:element>

And then after you have the use-attribute-sets part you can still add
your own attributes, and it's always the later attribute that's applied,
so you might want to do something along these lines:

<xsl:template match="para1|para2">
	<xsl:element
			name="fo:block"
			use-attribute-sets="block-attributes">
		<xsl:if test="self::para2">
			<xsl:attribute
name="text-indent>0.5in</xsl:attribute>
		</xsl:if>

		<xsl:apply-templates/>
	</xsl:element>
</xsl:template>

(note, I'm fairly new to xsl myself, so I'm not entirely sure that
works.)

With regards to your second question, I think what you're looking for
may be the call-template function? And then maybe you can pass in a
parameter for the node you want to process? As I said, I'm fairly new to
XSL too, so you'll have to look into this yourself, but hopefully it'll
at least point you in the right direction.

Hope that helps,
Jordan