Re: Generating Multipart Document Forms (like carbon paper) [Hard]

Dave: Read the whole message... the problem was in the output sequencing, not
the message printing. :-)

Overall, I feel this presents a deficiency in the XSL-FO standard.  There are
legitimate cases where such page-conditional processing must be used, and the
developer should be able to represent such logic in the document without
resorting to external libraries for this processing.  Suggesting a need for
something is always easier than suggesting how to do something however ;-)

The document in question is a Bill-of-Lading, and the problem I have described
will be quite common for this type of document processing.  Just imagine a
graph traversal from some origin to some destination, where I have to print
documentation for each node visited along the way... I want to put everything
together to be easy for the office workers to just pick up the package from
the printer... and I need four copies of each document put together in the
proper sequence.

Thanks for your help, I will hack a solution using PDF file manipulations
directly.  I did want to indicate I feel that the standard is incomplete,
since it does not seem able to handle this type of advanced logic directly.

AJ