Re: wysiwyg tool to assist with the creation of xsl-fo stylesheets?

Olivier Lefevre wrote:

> Subject says it all. Is there such a beast? Could be commercial or open
> source.

I believe that would be defeating the purpose of using XSL/XSLT, which
emphasizes declarative report or document generation over visual
methods.  Once a person gets used to this method, I can't imagine
him/her wanting to go back to a WYSIWYG environment.  Further, many of
the benefits of XSLT, such as factoring out common formatting or
template creation[1], would be much more difficult to realize in a
WYSIWYG environment that generates the XSL FO for you.

But I think the Eclipse BIRT project (business reporting tools) uses XSL
internally while hiding that from the user, so that is a project you may
wish to look at.

Glen

[1] http://xml.sys-con.com/read/40601.htm