Re: how to translate XML with XHTML-formatted element to FO

Magic Finger wrote:
 > Currently I'm only able to translate content of <TITLE> element as plain
 > text to FO output, i.e. FO output for <TITLE> shows the tags <b>...</b> and
 > <i>...</i> as is, without applied bold and italic formatting on title text.

I'd think you would be better off encoding the XHTML as actual tags instead of escaped
text. For example, change the title to this:

<TITLE><b>Homer Simpson For President</b></TITLE>

At that point, it should be trivial to add XSLT templates matching b and i and add in the
proper FO at the right time.

Other than that, about the only thing I can think of is to find a text replace template
(like this one http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Cookbook/XSLT/Recipe/65426) and to a
series of replacements.