RE: from xml ascii to pdf music

The best approach is to use SVG for musical notes and XSL-FO for text and
layout. SVG can be easily inlined into XSL-FO. So the mixed output is the
solution.

In SVG there is a special type of font named SVG Font. The aim of this
structure is to solve the requirements like yours. But anyway, this is
another mailing list topic.

Best regards,
Victor Vishnyakov