Re: Multiple language support for xsl-fo

At 2003-03-19 21:52 +0530, Vishnuvardhan R wrote:
>I am using xsl-fo and xslt for printing documents.
>
>Now I need to support various languages for the static contents in the xsl-fo.
>
>Can anyone give a hint how can it be done?

This is a question of XSLT or whichever technology you are using to create
your XSL-FO, not a question of XSL-FO.

>Should I have different xsl-fo files for different languages or are there
>any other simple way to do this?

The possibilities are as boundless as algorithms are: you could fragment in
your data, in your stylesheet, in supplemental data ... you can invoke from
the command line, look in the data for language triggers, start from
different stylesheet fragments.

There is no one answer and any answer would depend on your own situation,
requirements, flexibility, etc.  You don't give anything to work on, and
since the answer is so wide open it would be difficult to find a generic
answer.

XSLT and XPath questions would be better posted to the following list:

There are a number of subscribers who would enthusiastically respond to
such questions.

There is also an *excellent* FAQ at:

   http://www.dpawson.co.uk

I hope this helps.

..................... Ken

--
Upcoming hands-on in-depth XSLT/XPath and/or XSL-FO
                              North America:      June 16-20, 2003

G. Ken Holman                mailto:gkholman@CraneSoftwrights.com
Crane Softwrights Ltd.         http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/f/
Box 266, Kars, Ontario CANADA K0A-2E0   +1(613)489-0999 (F:-0995)
ISBN 0-13-065196-6                      Definitive XSLT and XPath
ISBN 0-13-140374-5                              Definitive XSL-FO
ISBN 1-894049-08-X  Practical Transformation Using XSLT and XPath
ISBN 1-894049-10-1              Practical Formatting Using XSL-FO