Re: linking stylesheets...

At 2003-06-12 10:43 -0400, Ryan Caruso wrote:
>         I have a huge XSL file which is a stylesheet for numerous
> templates, I
>simply want to be able to have multiple stylesheets and  call the ones I
>need from a "main" style sheet? Is this possible? any help will be greatly
>appreciated....

Top level stylesheet constructs are aggregated from multiple stylesheet
fragments when you use either xsl:include or xsl:import.

Personally, I've *never* used xsl:include because of the risk of
introducing conflicts between like-named top-level constructs.

Using xsl:import aggregates top-level constructs but places more importance
on those found in the importing stylesheet than those found in the imported
stylesheets ... thus ensuring one never gets top-level construct
conflicts.  It also gives the opportunity to exploit this feature by
writing "tweaking" stylesheets that override only selected top-level
constructs in the imported stylesheets.

I hope this helps.

................. Ken

--
Upcoming hands-on courses: (registration still open!)
-      (XSLT/XPath and/or XSL-FO) North America: June 16-20, 2003

G. Ken Holman                mailto:gkholman@CraneSoftwrights.com
Crane Softwrights Ltd.         http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/f/
Box 266, Kars, Ontario CANADA K0A-2E0   +1(613)489-0999 (F:-0995)
ISBN 0-13-065196-6                      Definitive XSLT and XPath
ISBN 0-13-140374-5                              Definitive XSL-FO
ISBN 1-894049-08-X  Practical Transformation Using XSLT and XPath
ISBN 1-894049-11-X              Practical Formatting Using XSL-FO
Member of the XML Guild of Practitioners:    http://XMLGuild.info