Re: Newbie .. XML to PDF .. but with ...

Doris Ferrarese wrote:

> I am looking for alternatives to facilitate converting into PDFs from XML.
>
> Requirements:
> . TOC and index needs to be generated
> . ability to create cross-references within pages.
> . ability to embed tables with text embedded in pdfs.
> . ability to embed graphics into pdfs.
> . ability to generate header and footer within pdf pages.
This can be done quite well and easily with XSL, that's what it was designed
for actually.

> . ability to modify appearance of pdf via css would be nice.
PDF format doesn't support it by definition. But you can control PDF style
during PDF generation using usual XSLT/XSL-FO mechanisms.

--
Oleg Tkachenko
Multiconn Technologies, Israel