RE: Overlap between region-body and footnote

[ SNIP ]
> >I read W3C specs, and tried to add a <fo:footnote-separator
> extent="5cm" />
>
> There is no such formatting object and the extent is dynamically
> calculated.

To elaborate, there _is_ a static-content that you can define, with a
special name, "xsl-footnote-separator", which becomes the initial child of a
footnote reference area. One typically uses that to introduce a visual
separation between main text and footnotes, such as a horizontal bar.

Ken is quite correct. There is no controllable separation between the 3
reference areas that occupy the region-body (main, before-float, and
footnote). You have to take what the formatter gives you. Obviously in this
case it sounds like the formatter is messing up, and you should direct your
concerns to the developers for that formatter, or try a different one.

Regards,
Arved Sandstrom