RE: Conditionally displaying a horizontal line

Hi David,

Thanks for the suggestion, this sounds like a good idea however there are a
couple of things I'm not clear about:

- What is the purpose of the marker containing a line, which appears at the
top of the flow and as the third item in the marker-line-marker combination?

- If there is a horizontal line anywhere on page 2 (not necessarily at the
top), then won't the first marker on the page always be empty regardless
(meaning the line in the header never appears)?

I've never used markers so I may well be misunderstanding something. Any
explanations would be greatly appreciated, as would rough code samples on
how to implement markers.

Thanks again,

Haitham.

PS Olaf - thanks for your suggestion, the idea is good but unfortunately I
don't think it would work in my document as the items immediately preceding
many of the horizontal lines are tables, and I don't want to tie a whole
table to a line.