Re: xsl-fo first anniversary

Sebastian Rahtz wrote:
> On Sat, 2002-10-19 at 14:53, W. Eliot Kimber wrote:
>>I also didn't know there was an IBM implementation.
>>
> http://www.alphaworks.ibm.com/tech/xfc

I've downloaded the package. Unfortunately, it doesn't implement enough
features to be generally useful for production purposes, which is my
primary focus of investigation at the moment.

It is distinguished by claiming support for all Unicode-supported
languages, including those with non-Western writing directions, which is
very good. But it doesn't support bidi-override or character-to-glyph
mapping, both of which are required for publishing technical documents.
But it certainly appears to be a promissing addition to the FO
implementation family and I hope IBM is able to continue to develop it.

Cheers,

E.
--
W. Eliot Kimber, eliot@isogen.com