RE: Pushing the Limits

Hi, Peter

On the orphans thing, my interpretation is that page 2 is truly empty. Block
2 has generated no areas into the main-reference-area in the page 2
content-rectangle at all. So "orphans" does not apply.

Good question about the "strength" of oprhans and widows, though. I dunno.

I read the spec differently when it comes to
repeatable-page-master-reference. If, in my example, the second
subsequence-specifier is a repeatable-page-master-reference with a
maximum-repeats of 1, the spec tells me that 0 or 1 generated pages is
acceptable. With the keep-together doing what it is doing, I would go with 0
pages, and this would be perfectly legal. Doing so would not violate

"A page-sequence
satisfies the constraint determined by an fo:page-sequence-master if (a) it
can be partitioned into a sequence of sub-sequences of pages that map
one-to-one to an initial sub-sequence of the sequence of
sub-sequence-specifiers that are the children of the fo:page-sequence-master
and, (b) for each sub-sequence of pages in the partition, that sub-sequence
satisfies the constraints of the corresponding sub-sequence-specifier. The
sequence of sub-sequences of pages can be shorter than the sequence of
sub-sequence-specifiers."

from the spec, because subsequence-specifier #2 (the
repeatable-page-master-reference) happily mapped to 0 pages.

Regards,
Arved