Re: several fo:static-content

At 2002-07-23 03:54 -0400, Jan Kirmse wrote:
>i have the problem to design an xsl sytyle sheet which has to fit for
>several
>companys with different logos and fo:static-content at the bottom of the
>page.

We do this ourselves when we brand our XSL training material for training
companies around the world to use as their own.

>is it possible to create various fo:static-content dependent on the xml node
>?

Absolutely ... your XSLT stylesheet creating your XSL-FO instance for
processing can decide which branding to use at invocation time.

>at the top of the xsl file (in the page-sequence) i make a choose statement
>which asks for the
>xml node and then decide for a special fo:static-content. if i do it in that
>way, i just have
>one static-content for the whole document.

That would be the appropriate design pattern, I would think, if you are
producing a single output for only one company.

>but i need several
>static-contents each for one
>special company.

But why do you feel these should all reside in the one XSL-FO
instance?  Why can they not all reside in your XSLT instance and then, by
invocation, have only the one that is needed be present in the XSL-FO
instance creating your result?

Perhaps the scenario you are describing is that you are creating a single
document with many different logos being used in static content at
different times throughout the one document?  If this is the case, then
create as many page sequences as you have companies and then for each page
sequence use only one static content definition for the particular company
being processed at that time.  You are not limited to a single page
sequence ... but remember that each time you start a new page sequence it
will begin a the top of a new page.

I'm sorry your requirements aren't clearly enough defined to advise what
best to do.

I hope this helps.

........................... Ken

--
Upcoming hands-on in-depth 3-days XSLT/XPath and/or 2-days XSL-FO:
                                 North America:  Sep 30-Oct  4,2002

Crane Softwrights Ltd.          http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/f/
Box 266, Kars, Ontario CANADA K0A-2E0  +1(613)489-0999 (Fax:-0995)
ISBN 0-13-065196-6                       Definitive XSLT and XPath
ISBN 1-894049-08-X   Practical Transformation Using XSLT and XPath
ISBN 1-894049-07-1                Practical Formatting Using XSLFO
XSL/XML/DSSSL/SGML/OmniMark services, books (electronic, printed),
articles, training (instructor-live,Internet-live,web/CD,licensed)
Next public training:           2002-08-05,26,27,09-30,10-03,07,10