Re: [www-xsl-fo] <none>

Purvesh Vora wrote:
> Hi FO Xperts,
> I am using fop .2 version.
> I am getting foll. error while generating pdf. Probably image url is not
> present for external-graphics tag then in that case it is throwing?
> Can anybody please guide me.

> java.lang.InternalError: Can't connect to X11 window server using ':0.0' as
> the value of the DISPLAY variable.
First of all this problem has nothing to do with xsl-fo.
This exception means fop (batik actually) is working in jvm, which doesn't
have native graphics support available.
Usually that's unix box with no X server installed (or running?). So you have
a choice:
1) make X server working on the machine
2) use virtual X server - xvfb
3) use pure awt implementation - pja library
4) upgrade to jdk 1.4, which able to run without X server, they call it
"headless mode".

--
Oleg Tkachenko
Multiconn International, Israel