FW: How should a formatter work?

Hi All,
	I had put a question few days back and didn't get any help. So, I
thought it would be better to reframe the question so that those who would
like to read less, can also go through it.
This is my quetions:

Will the Formatter/Renderer render pages based on the order of the
- page-sequence defined in fo:root or
- on the order defined in the layout-master-set/page-sequence-master ?

	Thanks,
Regards,
Kalyan.

P.S: If you are still interested in going deeper in to the question, please
read the attached mail.

		//STEP2
> 		<fo:page-sequence-master master-name="SECOND_PSM">
>
> 			<fo:single-page-master master-reference="SECOND_SM">
> 			<fo:repeatable-page-master
> master-reference="THIRD_SM">
> 		</fo:page-sequence-master >
> 	</fo:layout-master-set>

	//STEP3
> 	<fo:page-sequence master-reference="SECOND_PSM">
> 	.
> 	.
> 	.
> 	</fo:page-sequence>

	//STEP4
> 	<fo:page-sequence master-reference="FIRST_PSM">
> 	.
> 	.
> 	.
> 	</fo:page-sequence>
> </fo:root>
>
> 		How should the formatter process this file?
> 		To my understanding, the formatter first goes to the first
> fo:page-sequence, gets the master-reference as SECOND_PSM, then goes to
> the
> page sequence master with master-name as SECOND_PSM, instantiates pages
> according to the sequence specified and then fills their content with the
> content of that page sequence. Then it goes to the second fo:page-sequence
> and
> gets it's master name as FIRST_PSM, then goes to the page sequence master
> with
> master name FIRST_PSM, instantiates the pages in that order and fills the
> content with this page sequence's content. Is this the way in which a
> formatter has to work.
> 		So step wise, it goes in the following way:
> 			STEP3 to STEP2 and then STEP4 to STEP1
> 		I can also think of another way in which a formatter can
> work. Like, it can first go the first page sequence master, get it's
> master
> name as FIRST_PSM, then check for the first occurence of the page sequence
> with that master name (FIRST_PSM) and then fill the contents of this page
> sequence.
> 		So step wise, it goes in the following way.
> 			STEP1 to STEP4 and then STEP2 to STEP3
> 	Can someone please help me out in this?
> 	Thanks,
>
> Regards
> Kalyan.

This message is confidential and may also be legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify us immediately. You should not copy it or use it for any purpose, nor disclose it's contents to any other person. The views and opinions expressed in this e-mail message are the author's own and may not reflect the views and opinions of Wilco International.