Re: Embedding FOP in servlet

well this code is not mine.  i got it from the site http://xml.apache.org/
hope his works.
   these are the steps that i used for tomcat

1.put the FopServlet.class in
  tomcat/webapps/examples/web-inf/classes/org/apache/fop/tools/servlet

2.add the following to the web.xml in the conf directory of the tomcat
   <servlet>
	<servlet-name>
            Fop
        </servlet-name>
	<servlet-class>
            org.apache.fop.tools.servlet.FopServlet
        </servlet-class>
   </servlet>

3.put the fo file in the tomcat/fop/example directory

4.add fop.jar and w3c.jar to the lib directory of tomcat

5.call the fo file throught the browser

http://servername/servlet/FopServlet?fo=/fullpath_to_tomcat/fop/example/read
me.fo
and u will get readme.pdf displayed.

u can do according to ur web server.  i dont think that step 2 is requred if
it is not tomcat.
all the best.
do tell me if it works.
cheers!!!
Rabi

---------------------

------------------------xmltofoservlet.java------------------------

import java.io.*;
//import xmltofo.transfer;

import javax.servlet.*;
import javax.servlet.http.*;

import org.apache.xalan.xslt.*;//newly added

/**
* Example servlet to generate a fo file from xml and xsl files.
*/

public class XmltoFopServlet extends HttpServlet
{

response)
throws ServletException , IOException
    {
		java.io.PrintWriter out = new
java.io.PrintWriter(response.getOutputStream());
        response.setContentType("text/html");

		try
		{

/*transfer.Transform("http://localhost:8080/examples/biabgrun.xml","http://l
ocalhost:8080/examples/biabgrun.xsl","http://localhost:8080/examples/biabgru
n.fo");

transfer.Transform("D:\e-BI\jakarta-tomcat-3.2.1\webapps\examples\rs.xml","D
:\e-BI\jakarta-tomcat-3.2.1\webapps\examples\rs.xsl","D:\e-BI\jakarta-tomcat
-3.2.1\webapps\examples\rs.fo");
			out.println("<HTML>");
			out.println("<BODY>");
			out.println("<B>Transformation is done<B>");
			out.println("<BODY>");
			out.println("<HTML>");*/

  //newly added
  org.apache.xalan.xslt.XSLTProcessor processor =
                 org.apache.xalan.xslt.XSLTProcessorFactory.getProcessor();

  org.apache.xalan.xslt.XSLTInputSource xmlSource =
                        new org.apache.xalan.xslt.XSLTInputSource

("http://localhost:8080/examples/rs.xml");
  org.apache.xalan.xslt.XSLTInputSource xslSheet =
                       new org.apache.xalan.xslt.XSLTInputSource

("http://localhost:8080/examples/rs.xsl");
  org.apache.xalan.xslt.XSLTResultTarget xmlResult =
                       new org.apache.xalan.xslt.XSLTResultTarget

("http://localhost:8080/examples/rs.fo");

  processor.process(xmlSource, xslSheet, xmlResult);
		}
		catch (Exception ex)
		{
			System.out.println(ex);