Re: Using FOA on Mac OS X

On Tuesday, August 13, 2002, at 07:05 AM, Louis Cornet wrote:

> I need to use FOA (Formatted Object Authoring) to design xslt-fo stylesheet.
>
> I can't get it to work on Mac Os X. Even though it is a java application,
> it seems to be written for Windows Operating Systems.

Really?  The version 0.3.0 distribution includes a shell script and
comments for Linux installation (see the file "install.html").  I don't
see a bias, but I haven't looked very closely at the latest version.

> To get into details, the newPageName / newPageSequenceName /
> newAttributeSetName Dialog Box appears blank. Whitout this, it is
> impossible to create a new project, and impossible to use FOA.
>
> Has anybody ever tried FOA on Mac Os X?

Yes, I have it running right now, after downloading the most
current version (0.3.0)  from SourceForge and modifying the
"export CLASSPATH..." statement in the foa.sh file.  (Obviously,
if you have FOA running, you have made similar modifications.)

 From your comments above, it appears that you have not first created
a new project.  All the "manager view" windows are blank until you do
so.

Paul Furbacher
http://info.borland.com/newsgroups/teamb/